Schedule of Fees and Donations
Connected Curriculum Donation: $135.00
RE Digital Resources Donation: $10.00
School Donation: $95.00
These are due for payment by the end of Term 1.
- One Child $240 – If paid in full by the end of Term 1 pay only $216.00.
- Two Children $480 – If paid in full by the end of Term 1 pay only $432.00.
- Three or more children $720 – If paid in full by the end of Term 1 pay only $648.00.
Deposit to: ASB Bank Account 12-3442-0052178-00. Please Reference your child’s Surname and ‘Invoice Number’.
Note: No EFTPOS facilities are available at the Office (Cash or online payment only).
You are welcome to set up Automatic or part payments throughout the School Year.
School Donations are Tax deductible. Receipts are issued at time of payment. You can claim back 33% of your school donations. More information can be obtained from the Inland Revenue Department.
St James’ School Donation Structure has three components:
- Connected Curriculum donation – $135
- Religious Education donation – $10
- School donation – $95
1 . Connected Curriculum donation – this assists with the costs of Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM), some Education Outside the Classroom (EOTC) experiences and visiting performers and speakers.
2. Religious Education donation – each year, we pay a resource development fee to the NZ Catholic Education Office of $10 per child.
3. School Donation – this $95 – subsidises transport to various events – Masses, Marae visits, school trips, sporting and cultural events. The school donation also pays for extra Curricular activities such as Instructed Swimming Lessons, Kids 4 Kids, Kids Lit, Epro 8, Mathex and the other opportunities that we provide for our learners. (Please note that this does not include the Senior School Camp held bi-annually).
PTFA special school lunches must be paid in cash.
Why do we have attendance dues?
The Catholic Church, and not the Government, is responsible for the ownership costs of the land and buildings associated with our integrated schools. These costs include purchasing land, building, and ensuring our school network meets Ministry of Education requirements, and the costs of loans and insurance.
To help meet these costs the law allows the proprietors (owners) of Catholic schools to charge parents and caregivers attendance dues for each child enrolled at one of our schools. Attendance dues are a compulsory payment and not a donation, therefore are not tax deductible. They are separate to school costs and are paid directly to the Diocese of Palmerston North on behalf of all the proprietors in our diocese.
Attendance dues payments are used to meet costs on integrated school buildings in the Diocese, so over time all our schools benefit.
Attendance Dues Team
Catholic Diocese of Palmerston North
Te Rau Aroha
33 Amesbury Street
PO Box 5279
Palmerston North 4441
Telephone: 0800 200 208
2022 Attendance Dues Overview